Wednesday, February 6, 2013

God's Sovereignty Over Time And History

I read a story one time about a person who went to a psychic, but there was a sign on the door that read, "Closed due to unforseen circumstances."  There are no unseen circumstances with God. He rules sovereignly over this world. The God of the Bible knows everything (omnniscient), is present everywhere (omnipresent), and possess all power (omnipotent).  Because He knows all things and is present at all time in all places, He has the power to fulfill all of His predictions.


Isaiah 42:9 (KJV) Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Isaiah 44:6-8 (KJV) 6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. 7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. 8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
 
Isaiah 46:8-11 (KJV) 8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors. 9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
 
In the book of Revelation, the word ALMIGHTY is used to describe God eight times. The Greek word translated Almighty is pan-tokrator.  It is made up of two Gree words - pantos, meaning "all" or "everything," and kratein, meaning "to hold."This compound word describes a God who holds everything in His hands. God hands His hands on everything.  He is the Almighty.
 
Bible prophecy proves beyond a shadow of doubt that God is the true God who alone rules over time and history!  He not only rules the ages, but He also controls the events in the life of every person.  What a comfort and encouragement to know that God has His hands on every area of your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment