Monday, May 24, 2010

A Pentecostal Heritage

Yesterday was Pentecost Sunday. I would like to share my Pentecostal heritage. It all started with my grandparents, Orson and Eva Hobart. My grandma was a Christian, but my grandpa wasn't. They were living in Whitehall, WI. The church was having revival services. The whole church was praying for my grandpa to get saved. He was a good man, but not saved. Every night he had went to the services, but had not gone forward to receive Christ. It was the last night of the revival and the pastor's wife was standing by the back door greeting people as they came in. An old drunk came to the door and she thought about not letting him in. But the Holy Spirit spoke to her heart saying that he was needed in the service that night. She thought, "How could an old drunk be needed in the service," but she let him in. He came in and sat right behind my grandparents. The evangelist preached and when he finished he gave the altar call. The old drunk tapped by grandpa on the should and asked, "Mr. Is that for everybody." My grandpa answered, "Yes." He then asked my grandpa, "Will you go up there with me?" My grandpa did and was gloriously saved. The old drunk prayed for a few minutes, got and up and left. They never saw him again.
When my mom and grandparents moved to Union Grove, WI. there was no Assembly Of God church there, so they started having Bible studyings in their home. My grandpa feel very sick. A pastor from Illinois, Hugo Ziebe, came and prayed for him. My grandpa was miraculously healed. My grandparents talked hin into starting a church in Union Grove and that is how the church got started. I was saved at 9. Baptised in water and the age of 11 just before Pastor Anderson retired. Larry Liebe followed him, and under his ministry I was baptized in the Holy Spirit at the age of 12. I thank God for my Pentecostal heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment