Monday, April 1, 2013

Stress Test Book Review

Richard Mabry just keeps getting better and better.  This is a fast moving book that grabbed my attention right off and never let go. I wish that I could have read the whole book right through but alas I had to put it down to eat and sleep. I have read all of Richard Mabry's fictional medical mystery books.

Stress Test is the story of Dr. Matt Newman. Dr. Newman just about has his life on track with a quieter professional position and a love interest that is headed in the direction of marriage. That is until he is kidnapped in a parking garage in the middle of the night. Suddenly he finds himself in ICU and is being charged for murder. He is later accused of another murder and is kitnapped again.

Can his beautiful red-headed attorney prove his innocence? Will they figure out who is trying to frame Matt? Will he ever get his life back?

This book contains all the elements I have come to enjoy: medical, legal, and mystery. I am not an expert on medicine or law, but did not have to be to enjoy this book without getting bogged down in medicine or law that was over my head.

The only negative in the book as far as I was concerned was that I thought the author was against law abiding citizens owning guns.  This is a hot topic right now and I stand very strongly on our Second Amendment right to bear arms.  In the way the story in the book played out it was good to get rid of the handgun he acquired, but I don't think that is always a good thing to do.

Anyway, Dr. Matt Newman survived his stress test, can you survive the stress of reading this thriller? You will have to read it to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment