Friday, April 19, 2013

The Whisper Theory Book Review


I was looking for a book to read for my booksneeze book review.  I saw "Whisper Theory" by Amber Albee Swenson.  I thought it sounded good even though there were no reviews for it on the booksneeze website.

The book wasn't what I thought it would be but I read in fairly quickly and it kept my attention so much so that I wanted to skip every other chapter.  Let me explain: The layout of the book is chapter of the novel and then a chapter of Bible Study concerning the topics just covered in the fictional chapter of that book.I wanted to skip the Bible Study.  But the Bible studies were real good.  They absolutely need to be read with the book especially for those who struggle with some of the things the characters in the book did.

I am not use to reading about some of the things these young people did, but I realize there is a struggle for young people in these areas: For example drinking, obedience and honoring parents (even for college students), and sexual drives.

I reccommend the book highly for college students and even those in high school.  I recommend the book for parents who want to be able to talk to their teens and young adults about these issues.  They will be able to clearly relate biblical principles to them.

The book is about a girl named Meghan.  She moves in with two nonChristians. One is a man and one is a woman.  She finds herself breaking her rules more than she is keeping them.  She falls in love with her roomate Jeff.  Then the is a murder in their apartment building which brings in an element of suspense.  Another murder takes place and Meghan discovers what true love and friendship is all about.  Most importanly she decides if she is going to follow God or not.

I

No comments:

Post a Comment